The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

The Girls Volleyball Team Stays Undefeated

Can They Make it to Championships?

The girls volleyball team continues to win and make it to the third round of playoffs. They went the whole 2023 session without any losses and are continuing strong. Their most recent game was November 8,2023 against Springfield Gardens. The Score was 2-0. Their game took place in the Van Arsdale Gym. They won their next playoff game November 13, 2023 against William E. Grady. 

With the volleyball team having a great season for the past two years no one is really surprised that they continue to do great this season. Marsha Huguet continues  to lead and guide these girls to wins. With so many new girls on the team they were able to pull it together and become a strong team that has been able to win all their games. Many girls show up to every practice and game so it’s not surprising that they are doing so well. They are 10-0 at the moment. They are standing number one of their Brooklyn division. 

On top of winning so many games they held a senior night for those girls that are graduating. The reasoning for this was to show appreciation for those seniors that have spent so much time helping build up the team. While they might be leaving soon they know they can count on the team to continue to win and make them proud. The following players are seniors: Sierra Genao, Keisy Gonzalez, Sofia Grabowski, Ilona Iberle, Kelsy Padilla, Kayla Rodriguez, and Tenzin Sherpa. Their senior night was October 30,2023 in the Van Arsdale gym. 

Overall the team has all the potential to win further games due to what has been seen in earlier games and seasons.

According to the PSAL website, the next game is against Queens High School Complex at the Long Island City YMCA at 5:30pm.