The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

What do you appreciate about your teachers for teacher Appreciation week?

It is important first to take into account the role that teachers play in their students’ lives. Students spend a significant amount of their day at school especially for students K-12 this forms a connection between teacher and students.

Another thing is the amount of influence that is close to that of a family member teachers have on shaping a students development and preparing them for later life.

Another thing that students don’t realize is the amount of time teachers put in behind the scenes and the sacrifices they make to ensure the best classroom experience. According to the National Center of Education statistics 94% of teachers spend their own money on their classroom.

Teacher appreciation week is to celebrate and thank teachers for the time they put in with their students. According to usnews.com some popular ways to thank teachers could be making cards or bringing treats.

One student when asked what they appreciate about their teachers said “ I appreciate the time teachers take to make sure I understand the lessons when I need help”.

While we may not always like our teachers it is undeniable the influence and work they put in to improve us as people and we can appreciate them for that.