The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Promising Growth Shown By Girls Basketball Team

The Harry Van Arsdale Girls Basketball team has just started their season on a strong note winning two out of there first three games.

They played against Bushwick Campus on November 28th (79-31) and are coming off a recent win on December 5th against Achievement First Brooklyn High School, winning by 5 points.

The team is comprised of girls from all three schools: Williamsburg Prep, Architecture and Design, and last but not least Brooklyn Prep. The team also varies in grades.

“The team is a work in progress but is definitely improving everyday and I believe that as long as all of us continue to give 100% we will be successful in our season this year,” said Greyson Gonzalez from Williamsburg Prep, number 21 on the team. This year will be Greysons’ last year on the team, as he is graduating, but that’s not stopping him from putting his all into this team.

Here’s what Team Manager Miracle Burgos had to say about the team, “The girls team is doing good. They seem to have a strong bond which is key in team activities such as sports.”

All around, it seems team morale is at an all time high especially after coming off of a win this past Tuesday December 5th.

The girls team has three upcoming games over the next two weeks. They are on Tuesday December 12th, Thursday December 14th, and finally Tuesday December 19th.

These games are all home games, which means you can come and support the team while they play in the gym after school.

Game admission cost is one dollar to get into the gym to watch and show support.

If you would like to check out stats and upcoming game dates, you can go and check out the PSAL website or click on this link.