The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Unexpected Win For Boy’s Soccer Team

Unexpected Win For Boys Soccer Team

Harry Van Arsdale had an unexpected win october 18th against Brooklyn Prospect Charter High School. 

Harry Van Arsdale’s first official soccer team had its first match on October 18, 2023, after years of not having a team. 

Van Arsdale’s very first soccer game took place in Linden park. Unfortunately, half of the team couldn’t make it to the game. This was a major impact for the team since in the first half they were 2-0. 

Striker Angel Pacheco recently sprained his ankle in training, causing him to miss the first few games of the team.  Angel said, “ I really wanted to play the opening game for the team, but things went the wrong way”   

With 5 shots to the net, Van Arsdale was down 4 – 0  in the second half, but Brooklyn Prospect forfeited before game ended.

Midfielder Dylan Nocelo stated, “ Since we didn’t have a team yet, our coach was going to forfeit the game, but they forfeited first” a shocking turn around for the game.  

With the first games of the team, the important question is what is the coach planning to do to make this team strong ? Due to it being the first time the school had a team, there will be many things to focus on such as the chemistry of the players, in-game tactics, and training for the players. 

The team is filled with  talented players who demonstrate their skill on the pitch every time they step inside a game. Angel Pacheco stated, “The team is good. Everyone there has talent, and I could see this team achieve many things.”

Unfortunately for the team, some star players are becoming seniors next year, which means the team will need new players when the seniors leave.  

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Cardinal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Williamsburg Preparatory School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.