The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Is This the Downfall of Chipotle?

Food critics Criticize Food portions

Chipotle Mexican grill which is also known as Chipotle has recently gotten a lot of controversy over its portions. Many customers complain that “the servings aren’t worth its price”. Starting at 10 dollars for a bowl without the added toppings Chipotle has been charging way more for its protein options and its toppings.

Recently a food critic that goes by the name of Keith Lee which is known for its accurate and detailed reviews about restaurants.

Keith said “ This is not the amount of chicken that’s worth 12 dollars there was only 4 pieces of chicken”.

These exact words have been repeated by multiple unsatisfied Chipotle customers complaining about the portions and quality of the food. Highlighting that its food is really cold almost like it was in the refrigerator.

A few blocks away from the WP building, theres a Chipotle situated next to whole foods and many juniors and seniors on their lunch period choose to go to Chipotle but lately they have been disappointed too.

Nolan Jimenez, a WP student stated “ I ordered on the Chipotle mobile app and I barely got any rice, no chicken at all, and the toppings looked like everything was counted and all of this for 15 dollars”.

Another student in WP, Angel pacheco stated “ I usually go here with my friends because Chipotle is just really good but lately the quality of the food and the portions in my burrito have just been disappointing and the restaurant “CAVA” have been serving way better food than Chipotle lately”.

As you can see a new Chipotle rival has been winning the race. CAVA is a mediterranean cuisine restaurant serving the exact same way like Chipotle but with fresher ingredients and portions that are worth its price.

Now the big question is will Chipotle fall down completely? Will Chipotle listen to the customers and fix the issue of portions and quality food?