The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

The Van Arsdale Softball Team’s Senior Night Ends A Hard Season

The Van Arsdale Softball Teams season has come to an end. They had their senior night against the middle school 577 softball team. The game was held at McCarran ballfield at 3:30 pm.

The softball team had a record of 2-11. One could say they had a really tough season compared to last year’s season where their record was 12-4. They played all 13 games from March to May.

Ms 577 offered to play with them so they could have a senior night at their home field. The girls softball team at Ms 577 have had a good season so far, which might pose a challenge for the Van Arsdale softball team due to having a tough season.

The Van Arsdale Softball team ended up losing 9-8 to Ms 577. While hearing other options on why the van Arsdale team might have lost, most said, “ they didn’t seem to really want to be here, nor want to play”. When I asked Eliana, one of the new freshmen on the team, she said,” not a lot of the girls are taking it seriously and think this was going to be an essay game.”

After the game ended, most of the girls stayed behind to sign the seniors posters and take pictures. The following 2024 Seniors were:

Briana Estevez
Abrianna DelaTorre
Carina Mercedes
Caroline
Jaycely Fermin
Lexi Rodriguez
Mariah Nieves
Maria Jimenez
Rosalysse Deleon