The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Prom Night Unveiled

Have fun and celebrate one last time. What to expect for prom 2024; The music, food, and dancing.

Prom season can often be the most stressful part of senior year. You always hear about prom yet it’s still a mystery what goes into it. What to wear, the music, the food, and the dancing altogether.

We talked to people running prom to clear some of the murkiness associated with it.

Here’s what to expect.

Variety of foods

Prom will take place at Giando on the water on June 18th 2024 at 6 pm.
Tickets for prom are due may10th and the latest you can purchase one is on the 17 of may.

Food and Celebration
According to Ms.Kelly there will be a variety of food, she mentioned there will be the basics such as chicken and pasta. She also mentioned various different types of desserts and a good dinner.
Ms.Kelly didn’t fail to tell us to enjoy ourselves. She was quoted saying “Expect to sweat, have a fun time and celebrate one last time”
There will also be a photobooth stationed at prom for you and your friends to take part in. Don’t forget to stop by there and take photos to capture the once in a lifetime moment!

The Music

The music is the most exciting part about prom. In the same vein, it could also be the most nerve racking.

We asked Ms. Mayra, a WP staff member, about the music that’s going to be at prom and she told us the most important parts. All the music is chosen by the students through a google form sent out by Ms. Mayra. The entries include lots of upbeat and drill music, but the overwhelming majority was Bad Bunny with some other hispanic artists.

While most songs are student selected, Ms. Kelly, the WP Principal, gets a choice on one song. Every year, Ms. Kelly plays “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid.

Student perspectives

We asked two WP seniors how they feel about the 2024 prom

WP senior Valaire Abreu said, “ I’m very excited for prom because I’m going to be dancing. I’m going to be eating. I’m going to be taking pictures with my friends. Prom is like a one time thing and I recommend you go because you’re going to have a lot of fun. I also think prom should end at like midnight just because of the pricing. I don’t think it’s fair for us to be paying that much, especially since senior dues were like $120 so I don’t understand why prom has to be $160.”