The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Summer’s Tastiest Treat Is Here – the Açaí Bowl

As the warm weather approaches and beaches start to boom the only question to ask is, what will we eat?

In the early 1970’s Açaí started to gain popularity in northern parts of brazil. One of the founding fathers of Brazilian Jiu jitsu, Carlos Gracie helped populate Açaí as it was one of the main components of his diet.

Brazilian Athletes then started implementing it into their diets too around the 1990’s.

This trend then slowly started to find its way to parts of the U.S like california, which many surfers and skateboarders decided to take part in.

In the many years since, Açaí has managed to find its way to many of the states.

Açaí berries come from south and central america. Where they grow on palm trees in the rainforest until they are ready to harvest.

Is Açaí good for you?

YES!! Believe it or not Açaí has some pretty decent benefits.

These include benefits such as improving cholesterol levels, fighting inflammation and oxidation in the brain cells, weight management, removing toxins and preventing constipation and is naturally a good source in viber according to Headline.

IS it really that good?
ALSO YESS!

No only is the bowl a mix of wonderful flavors and treats, but you can also add whatever toppings you want like
Granola
Nuts
Coconut
Blueberry
Strawberry
Mango
Pineapple
Nutella
Banana
Kiwi
And many more.

Students perspectives:

I asked Victoria Smith, a WP student, how she feels about the treat and this is what she said” I’ve never had an acai bowl, strictly because they’re so expensive. I reckon they taste god because I love smoothies, granola, coconut and stuff that you’d put on them. Never thought to make myself one though.”

We also asked another WP senior, Isabella Guzman and she said this’ ‘ I’ve tried an acai bowl like twice and honestly its not that good. 18 dollars is honestly insane because you can make it at home for cheaper and it’ll taste the exact same. I think it taste bland its not the worst but not worth 18 dollars.”