The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

What to Know About Spirit Week

On December 18, 2023 the winter spirit week will begin at WP. Spirit week is a week dedicated to having fun by dressing up as the day’s theme. This event will last until December 22.
|
According to Ms. Wilen, the staff member who helped make this event possible, this week will allow students to end off school fun before winter break and create new experiences with friends.

According to Ms. Wilen, spirit week will allow students to “Develop school spirit and is a fun way to end school before the holidays.”

According to Ms. Wilen, Briana Moran, senior student at Williamsburg prep, was the person who planned this round of spirit week. According to Wilen, “Briana took the initiative to find out what people may want to do for spirit week and put together the flyers.”

Dylan River, and other students from WP who prefer to stay anonymous, say that this spirit week will help lighten up the mood of students and will help them bond with their friends.

According to students grade nine to twelve who were interviewed about spirit week, they are all looking forward to it. Students who asked to remain anonymous say they’ll “go all out” with their outfits and will “try to enjoy the week while it lasts.”

Wilen says that spirit week is going to be fun and that she wants people’s opinions and recommendations for future spirit weeks or events. Wilen said to reach out to her during lunch in room 508 to let her know your ideas.