The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Williamsburg Prep Clubs: What You Need To Know

WP has a wide range of after school clubs for many reasons like building community, enjoying similar hobbies with others, and improving one’s academics.

All after school clubs are either run by teachers or deans at the school and go from 3:30pm – 4:30pm. Clubs happen once every week on a predetermined day.

Monday

On Monday there are two clubs: Board game club with Ms. Montagano and Student Ambassadors with Mr. Allrich.

Board game club is a club to help students relax after a long day of school with many different board games to choose from.

According to Mr. Allrich, student ambassadors is a club for students in the school to help with open houses for incoming freshmen, helping parents out with information and touring around the school.

Mr. Allrich said that the purpose of the club is that, “We wanted to have a network of students who were competent and confident in representing the school.”

Tuesday

On Tuesday there are seven clubs to choose from: D&D Club with Ms. Fay, Green Team with Ms. Panagoulias, Homework Cafe with Ms. Richards, Theater club with Ms. Cerratto, Ms. Luckie, and Ms. Boals, as well as Debate Team with Ms. Newberger, Music club with Mr. Benoit and Mr. Bullington, and finally Yoga club with Mx. Diaz.

D&D club standing for Dungeons and Dragons is a club where Ms. Fay teaches students how to play the game Dungeons and Dragons.

Green Team is a club where students discuss the environment and what we as a community can help our school improve on.

Homework Cafe is a club with Ms. Richards where students have access to a laptop and are able to do homework assignments or catch up on late/missing work.

Theater Club with Ms. Ceratto, Ms. Luckie and Ms. Boals is a club where students who are interested in acting and putting on shows.

Debate team with Ms. Newberger is a club where students can challenge themselves by writing their own arguments for debates and actually debate these things at tournaments. As said by Ms. Newberger “It’s like and outlet for academics to be fun and to exist outside of the classroom.”

Music club with Mr. Benoit and Mr. Bullington is a club that lets students talk about music and expand their taste in music. Students can also talk about making or composing music.

Yoga Club with Mx. Diaz is a fun change of pace for many students who have never tried yoga before. Yoga can help open one’s mind and help you possibly discover a new hobby.

Wednesday

On Wednesday there are six clubs to choose from those being: Art club with Ms. Wilen, Chorus Club with Ms. Luckie, Fashion club with Ms. Smith, My Brothers Keeper with Mr. E and Mr. Mejia, My Sister’s Keeper with Ms. Dutton and Ms. Richards, and True Crime Club with Ms. Restum and Ms. Crowe.

Art club with Ms. Wilen is a place where you can make art with many different mediums whether that be with paint, pencils, paper, beads and string or many others.

Chorus Club with Ms. Luckie is a place where you can showcase your love of singing and explore that with other students.

Fashion Club with Ms. Smith is a club where students can design clothing together and discuss new clothing trends or latest releases and collections.

My brother’s keeper with Mr. E and Mr. Mejia is a place where male students can go and get advice on their life from other males in the community.

My sister’s keeper with Ms. Dutton and Ms. Richards is a place where female students can go and get advice from other females in the community who may be going through the same thing or have already experienced something similar.

True Crime Club with Ms. Restum and Ms. Crowe is a club where students who are interested in true crime can go and discuss cold cases and missing persons cases all around the world and theorize about what happened to those people.

Thursday

On Thursday, there are six clubs that you can choose from those being: Anime club with Mr. Burkhart, Black Student Union with Ms. Watkins, Chess and Ancient Games with Mr. Tobias, Student Government with Ms. Kelly, QSA with Mx. Diaz and Ms. Wilen, and Video Game Club with Mr. Mejia.

Anime club with Mr. Burkhart is a club where you watch and talk about the latest anime episodes or manga chapters.

Black Student Union or BSU with Ms. Watkins is a club for Black students to have a place that they can call their own and share a sense of community. As Ms. Watkins puts it, “to create a safe space for Black students on campus to come together to celebrate culture and also talk about any struggles they may be facing.”

Chess and Ancient Games Club with Mr. Tobias is a club that revolves around ancient strategy games like chess.

Student Government with Ms. Kelly is a club where students discuss things that they want the school to change or improve on.

QSA with Mx. Diaz and Ms. Wilen is a club for members of the LGBTQIA+ community to come together and have a place where they can discuss issues and experiences.

Video Game Club with Mr. Mejia is a club where students can come together and talk about their favorite games and make new friends.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Cardinal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Williamsburg Preparatory School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.