The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Open Houses Invite Prospective Families to WP

On Monday, October 23rd, WP hosted an open house from 6 pm to 8 pm. Upcoming freshmen and their families who are interested in joining WP were invited to the school to check it out.

Open House have been happening at WP over the last several weeks, led by Student Ambassadors.

Open house is when a school showcases their environment to incoming freshmen. This usually happens in the first month or first quarter of the school year.

What Is The Purpose Of Open House?
The purpose of an open house is to paint a picture of what our school experience and community will look like.

According to Principal Kelly Ann Wikowski, “The purpose is to show them all the great things we offer, give them a tour of the building and have them have the opportunity to ask questions”.

WP wants to make sure upcoming students feel welcomed and enjoy themselves at the open house.

Was the last open house a success?

According to Ms.Kelly & Kalypso Nunez (a Student Ambassador) the last open house was very successful.

The last open house was on Wednesday October 11th from about 6 to 8 pm. According to Kalypso, it went great.

Kalypso stated, “ A handful of people attended the open house; 20 parents were interested. Everyone was asking questions and engaging in conversation.”

Ms. Kelly also thinks it went great. According to Ms.Kelly “We had amazing students who led the conversations and gave the tours.”

According to Kalypso, at the next open house she would like to do something differently to make it more successful.

She states “next time, I would like to implement more engaging activities for the students instead of just the parents.” According to Kalypso, WP is full of great teachers and student ambassadors who care about upcoming students’ experience with WP.