The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

Kyana McCoy

At Williamsburg Prep students attend a variety of classes ranging from Math, Science, ELA, Art, Gym and History. Most students have a specific class that they naturally enjoy and excel in. Some parts of your brain, whether left-sided or right-sided, prefer either logical, analytical, mathematical, or verbal information while the other is based on creative and intuitive thinking like the Performing Arts.

At Williamsburg Prep students attend a variety of classes ranging from Math, Science, ELA, Art, Gym and History. Most students have a specific class that they naturally enjoy and excel in.

Some parts of your brain, whether left-sided or right-sided, prefer either logical, analytical, mathematical, or verbal information while the other is based on creative and intuitive thinking like the Performing Arts.

This favor can determine what class or thing you would most likely enjoy.

“People who are left-brain dominant do well in careers that involve linear thinking, math, and verbal information. This includes careers such as accountant, scientist, or computer programmer.”

“The right side of the brain is best at expressive and creative tasks.”

A junior attending Williamsburg Prep, Selena Jimenez stated, “My favorite class is gym because I get to talk and play volleyball and badminton with my friends.”

During Gym, Williamsburg Prep students get free time and the ability to play any activity. Ranging from basketball, volleyball, football, badminton, and hula hooping.

A student that goes to Williamsburg Prep, Md Tahmed said, “My favorite class is AP calculus because math is my favorite subject.”

AP calculus is an advanced math course, if you pass the exam you will receive college credit.

Luis Guadalupe stated, “My favorite class is English, I like to read.”

Kai Mendas stated, “My favorite class is sociology.”

Sociology is the study of social life, social change, and the social causes and consequences of human behavior.