The Cardinal

The Student News Site of Williamsburg Preparatory School

The Cardinal

The Cardinal

LEADERSHIP and PARTNERSHIP awards at WPHS

WP rewards students who show their hard work and display worthy skills such as leadership.

The leadership and partnership award is given to those who show outstanding leader skills.

Leaders who help other students when they are in struggle, those who communicate with teachers.

Leaders who have a clear vision of their goals and inspire others to share and work towards that vision. They inspire and motivate the WP community, recognizing and appreciating individual contributions to the team. Over all Leaders who demonstrate honesty and trust among their friends and students.

The Williamsburg Prep website states, “We have five guiding values at Williamsburg Prep, which we instill into all we do. Students from each grade are recognized for excellence in the following with a SHIP Award, given once a month in four categories to a student from each grade.” The Website describes the leadership award as “ doing the right thing encouraging others ,offering solutions” and it also describes partnership as “ getting better together, thinking “win-win”, establishing trust.”

One of the Partnership award winners is Ryan Santos. He stated, “honestly, winning the award made me really realize the impact of what I was doing now that it was highlighted, it was a feeling of accomplishment. To work up to it, I engaged more with my peers and acted as a leader, and, in turn, they helped me as well and we progressed as a team.”

Another leadership award winner is Marcos Araujo. He said, “like Ryan said, this award made me realize how much of an impact I was making which made me feel proud of my work. I engaged more with my friends and students in order to get work done on time and to strive in our classes.”